With only a week to go until I attempt Stage 7 of the 8 Bridges swim, three questions remain:
1. Will my nasty, impinged shoulders survive? My guess is, yes they will. Between my two best friends pictured below, a big rubber band and my physical therapist, I think I’m in with a shot;
2. If my shoulders survive, will my extremely low-mileage training get me there? Yes to that too. Not sure how, but yes.
and the last and most important question is the only one to which I have no answer
3. What suit will I wear?
Clockwise from upper left, we have
- the Toowoon Bay SLSC suit that I wore for my fizzled out Catalina attempt. This is the club my nephews and niece do nippers at in Australia, and I’ve swum there a few times. I owe this suit some redemption. It’s as comfy as can be but needs the straps shortened.
- a new Swimoutlet.com suit in a nice maroon color.
- a fairly worn out but comfy black suit with red piping around the edges. Possibly still full of pollen from the lake because the last time I wore it I got a rash on my chest.
- a new Speedo super skinny, super small buttocked suit that I bought recently, hoping I could wear it to even out my tan lines. It has a cut out waist. I don’t think my waist is meant to bulge out of the cutouts but it does.
- Sparkles the Red. Super comfy, sparkly. This suit has everything. I did get a slight under arm chafe wearing it for 3 hours yesterday.
- The Thunder from Downunder (this refers to my thighs, not my heritage). As worn in Kingdom swim and Swim the Suck in 2010. Getting a little worn out, but so am I.
- The White Suit.
- Rob Aquatics. Veteran suit. No futher explanation needed.
What’ll it be?